Friday, January 20, 2012

My Heart & Heaven Just Got A Little Bluer!



At Last.... has a new meaning to me now. At last Ms. Etta will no longer suffer. Etta James is a Jazz and Blues Legend that will be sorely missed! Love you Ms. Etta, and thank you for the joy that my heart felt as you poured yours out to the world in song...

This is almost like someone calling me and telling me that one of my aunties had gone home to be with the Lord! Not every singer, or celebrity can do that to me, I know with some people, they treat anyone with a little bit of popularity and social status that way. Like someone just informed them that their best friend passed. In all actuality, perhaps Etta and her songs were an ailing hearts best friend? But regardless of how she affected anyone else, Etta James (Jamesetta Hawkins) along with the late Koko Taylor, Gladys Knight, and Chaka Khan, had such unique and powerful voices that spoke to my heart and my soul, that it made my hair stand on end! I love the Blues, and the ladies of the Blues!!! I am tore up with each sitting and watching of the Billie Holiday story (Lady Sings The Blues), Today is another bitter sweet chapter in this thing that we call life... the brevity of it still amazes me!!! Here's a sweet good-bye to a lovely songbird that will be missed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jan/20/etta-james

No comments:

Post a Comment