Sunday, January 29, 2012

Training for Trek 100 Day 4



Training can be painful.
Training should be meaningful.
Training should be fun!

Training is painful when your quad, and calf muscles tell the rest of your body (stiff neck, aching shoulders, burning lungs, etc...) that they need to pick up the slack, so they don't make your spirit weak.
Training is meaningful, when you can feel, see, and taste the hard work paying off.
Training is fun when you learn!!!

I learned that it is more fun to ride your bike out of the woods, rather than have your bike ride you out of the woods.
I learned that even if you are only a couple of miles from home, that a patch kit, and pump can make life so much better!
I learned that I have a great Christ-like partner (my middle son) that offered to let me ride his bike out of the woods when I got a flat. Which also taught me that my generosity does not just make me a better person, but it being observed by others (my son in this case) helps others. A humbled and generous spirit is not just making my son a good kid, but helping him to develop into a great man!

Flat tire and all, great day, and one training session, with a few great lessons!

No comments:

Post a Comment