Sunday, March 4, 2012

18>1



http://blogwieser.blogspot.com/2012/03/unc-beats-dook-at-cameron.html

Eighteen to one is the margin of victory that inspired this blog. I wrote the above blog (see the link) on Valentines Day 2012. I wrote it as a confident, but bitter Tar Heel. I was a bit upset for a few reasons. Upset because I knew that Roy Williams, and the 2012 Tar Heels, injuries and all, had the tools to beat a well coached, healthy, and full Duke squad. I initially had the score at 89-73 in the previous blog, but changed it, so as not to look arrogant. Afterwards, and after the obnoxious Duke remarks, I thought, "This is Duke, and always go with your heart when you are this confident about a victory over Duke! That would have been a pretty close prediction too. I was confident that UNC would win this game. I had the same feeling about this game as I had about them winning it all back in 2009. I was confident for two reasons:

1. Kendall Marshall said that he was ready to take back what rightfully belonged to them, the rest of the team had the same (confident not arrogant) swagger, and...
2. Coach K said that he knew that his team couldn't rely on making thirteen (13), three's (3's) to pull them through again.

Well Coach K was correct, and Kendall, and the gang were just hungry enough to make an example out of their conference foes, and erase the much talked about "3." I am also a firm believer, in the fact that if John Henson doesn't play soft, or too cocky, and the Heels stay healthy, that Carolina will also be ACC Tournament Champions. I also believe and am calling it here, saying Duke will not be their opponents in the final. If they were (but they won't be), then I would once again be going with my gut, not my heart and pick a final score of 85-79 UNC over the devils again.

As for the big dance, let me say now, that Kentucky has talent, but I don't see Kentucky and Coach Cal winning it all. I think "The Cuse" has the raw talent to get it done again and Coach B has the Orange playing a mean transition game, but I don't think Syracuse will be there either. I see a lot of people being shocked by who the new champs in Mens College Hoops will be. This is an election year, and in every election year a favorite has won the title, but not necessarily the Overall #1. Not to say that it can't be a year for Cinderella, but this is the year that will more than likely see another top notch, albeit unexpected major basketball school to shine. Excluding (but not excusing) 11 time champion UCLA this year. It would be nice during the tournament to see my Heels play with the consistency to give us (The Tar Heel Nation) the same confidence we had in '09 and in last nights game. So there you have it, and you may have heard it here first here! If you did/didn't, but are just curious to see how well my basketball prophecy is... you'll have to stay tuned to the blog here to find out if I am correct or incorrect. See in Atlanta, it's tourney time, Go Heels!

Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment