Monday, March 5, 2012

Ride of the Century (Prepping 4 Trek 100)


This is how a pro dresses in the cold...




This is how a non-professional, (poor man) dresses in the cold...



Okay my attire wasn't that hideous, and I didn't fight the wind and the cold in coveralls. Today was actually a great ride, with the exception of my being scatter brained. I forgot my riding shoes in the kitchen, at home, had to wear my running shoes to ride in, then drove into snow to get started. It snowed pretty hard for about the first three miles, and fell at an angle as the SW winds blew hard across my body, forcing me into a slight lean to the right. Amazing the difference in just three to five miles! Almost five degrees warmer in one township, than the other! After I had cleared the snow it was just a bit breezy and the sun shone perfectly in a Carolina Blue sky. I made it back to my mountain top home just before the second wave hit, and in time to watch the Lakers beat the Heat. Kobe scored thirty-three points, D Wade fouled out, and the Lakers held on and won by ten. Plus my Heels won the ACC Regular Season Championship last night by beating the bad guys (Duke) by eighteen. Therefore, it was a great basketball and cycling weekend for me. Now I am trying to get back on track for the count down to the Trek 100! Time to figure out how to set up my Paypal account, get some funds in there for the MACC Foundation, and raise money to help those fine folks find a cure for pediatric cancer.

Oh but before I close this particular blog, let me say this in a picture...



You know you've ridden well when your much younger partner looks like the guy above. Now time for the old guy to go find some hot water and relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment